The Virtual Reality Vaginal Exam Model makes it possible to see images of the actual movements of the fingers inside the vagina when practicing vaginal exams, something that has not been possible to date. Instructors can now show trainees specifically how the two fingers should be moved when performing the exam, and check that the trainee is moving their fingers properly.
- Sensors attached to the fingers enable measurement and display of distances between the two fingers and the distances moved by the fingers.
- A line connecting the ischial spines (zero station) can be displayed.
- The material used for the model closely approximates the characteristics of living body. The cervix and other structures can be comfirmed with a very real feel.
- Three-dimensional images can be freely moved on the computer, enabling checking in any direction.
- Bishop scores from late-stage pregnancy to the beginning of labor (cervical dilation, effacement, consistency and position) can be confirmed.
- Three models with varying degrees of uterine opening dilation are provided, along with a model of the fetal head. These can be interchanged and the degree of engagement can be adjusted, allowing the progression of labor to be gauged by means of vaginal exam.
- The fetal head model can be used to gauge rotation of the head of the fetus, by varying the positions of sagittal sutures and the posterior fontanel.
- Rotation of the fetus at the time of delivery can be confirmed by means of 3-dimensional animation.