The KINETEC Centura provides post-operative ROM exercise that can help prevent joint stiffness, soft tissue contractures, and muscle atrophy.
It can provide the following functional movements.
Abduction/adduction with fixed rotation: 20º - 160º.
Abduction/adduction with synchronised rotation.
Combined range 20º - 160º of abduction with 30º of internal rotation to 90º of external rotation.
Rotation with fixed abduction/adduction:
60º Internal - 90º External
Flexion/extension: 20º - 180º
Horizontal ABD/ADD: -30º - 0º - 110º
It provides increased ROM and greater patient comfort, along with improved control features such as the ability to make quick adjustments, pause features, a visual biofeedback mechanism, and progressive protocols for consistency. The machine can be used for isolated or synchronised movement training.
Reasons for using a shoulder CPM
- Using CPM post-op breaks the cycle of trauma/inflammation/loss of ROM
- Prevents joint stiffness in the shoulder
- Speeds the recovery of post-op ROM
- Maintains quality of articular surface
- Reduces pain and oedema
- Provides immediate post-op continuous passive motion
Indications for using a shoulder CPM
- Rotator cuff repair
- Total shoulder replacement
- Frozen shoulder
- Fractures and dislocations requiring reconstructive surgery of the clavicle, scapula, AC joint or glenohumeral joint